Distracted Driver Accident Lawyer in Seattle, WA
For many of us, using our car to get from A to B is a process as natural as brushing our teeth. It is something we do without thinking, and we have all experienced the panic of arriving in our driveway with no recollection of getting there.
What Causes Distracted Driver Accidents?We live in a world of constant distraction and stimulation, and this can be a major downfall when we are driving. Some of the most common distractions which can and have resulted in accidents include:
- Using your cell phone when driving
- Eating or drinking
- Changing a radio station or song on your phone
- Putting on makeup, combing your hair or any other grooming activity
- Adjusting the heating, air conditioning, lights or mirrors
- Checking the GPS or reading a map
- Having a conversation with a passenger
- Reacting to activity in the back seat or elsewhere in the car, such as an animal or insect
- Searching for something elsewhere in the vehicle
- Being easily distracted by pedestrians or things going on outside the car
- Manual: the driver is required to take their hands off the steering wheel. Examples include searching for something else inside the car or applying lipstick.
- Visual: the driver is required to take their eyes off the road; for example, being distracted by something on the back seat or looking at a text message.
- Cognitive: the driver is required to take their mind off the road. Examples include checking the GPS.
Seeking Compensation With a Distracted Driver Accident LawyerBeing involved in a car accident is a stressful and traumatic experience and one which you deserve to be compensated for. To be successful in these incidents, you must be able to prove that the other motorist was engaged in an activity which distracted them from driving safely. Different states have different laws and requirements, but in Washington, it has been illegal to hold a cell phone, tablet or smartphone, or any electronic device, while you are driving since July 2017. Other states may differ, but there is likely to be some sort of regulation around this action. If you are involved in an accident caused by a distracted driver, you should contact one of our experienced lawyers. Our entire team in Brain Injury Law of Seattle has extensive knowledge and insight into this area of the law. Their assistance will be valuable in proving that the driver was negligent, and in helping you seek the compensation you deserve.
Other Types of Car Accidents
Distracted Driver Accident Attorney Drunk Driver Accident Lawyer Elderly Driver Accident Lawyer Failure to Yield Accident Lawyer Head-on Collision Lawyer Multiple-Vehicle Car Accident Lawyer No-Contact Accident Lawyer Poor Vehicle Maintenance Accident Lawyer Rear-End Collision Lawyer Red and Yellow Light Accident Lawyer Road Rage Accident Lawyer Rollover Accident Lawyer T-Bone Car Accident Lawyer Teen Driver Accident Lawyer Tire Blowout Auto Accident Lawyer Uninsured Motorist Accident Lawyer