Bicycle Accident Attorney in Tacoma, WA
According to aggregate traffic data analyses from The News Tribune over 26,000 traffic accidents occurred in Tacoma from 2016 to 2020. Nearly 8% of victims who suffered life-changing injuries and deaths were cyclists.
Recover Compensation for Bicycle Accidents in Tacoma
Cycling is an insular and expensive hobby, with enthusiasts strapping state-of-the-art brakes, gears, and carbon fiber frames on their bicycles that cost thousands of dollars. Bicycle accident lawyers work on many cases where the bike’s damage costs more than the accident victim’s medical bills.
Our legal team will help you receive compensation to cover the days, weeks, and months you missed at work because of injuries sustained in a bike accident.
Bicycle accident injuries can entail hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills. Our law firm will help you focus on recovery instead of arguing with insurance companies and adjusters to get proper compensation.
Permanent Disfigurement or Disability
Many bicycle accident injuries result in life-changing disabilities. Ensuring you are well-compensated for them is essential at the Brain Injury Law of Seattle.
Common Parties with Legal Liability for Bicycle Accidents in Tacoma
- Private motorists are the number-one cause of bicycle accidents in Tacoma. Many drive too close to street shoulders, sidewalks, and bike lanes while texting, speeding, or weaving through traffic.
- Commercial or governmental vehicle operators use heavy machinery to repair underground pipes, construct new buildings, and maintain public facilities. It can feel overwhelming to demand compensation from such sizeable organizations, but not with a competent legal team working for you.
- Government road agencies and their contractors sometimes leave potholes, bumps, and puddles that are dangerous for cyclists and other drivers. You can file a personal injury claim against your local government or subcontractors for subpar work that led to a bike accident.
- Bicycle equipment manufacturers are famous for subcontracting their work to factories in east Asia, where quality standards are lax. If malfunctioning equipment caused your bike accident, contact a Tacoma bicycle injury attorney immediately for support.
How to Avoid Bicycle Accidents in Tacoma
Bike safety is a community issue, as cyclists do not have the protective buffer of a thousand-pound steel casing, airbags, and seatbelts that motorists enjoy. They have significantly increased risk factors for permanent disability and death when on the road.
According to the CDC, cyclists account for only 1% of transportation in the United States. However, nearly 130,000 receive injuries from traffic accidents and over 1,000 die annually.
Research from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration shows that most bike accidents in metropolitan areas like Tacoma occur between the rush hours of 6 pm and 9 pm. They are more likely to happen with a high volume of cars on the road. A Tacoma bicycle accident attorney will help you get compensation from negligent motorists.
Here are a few preventative measures you can use as a cyclist:
- Always wear a helmet
- Never run a red light
- Wear reflective gear
- Use front and rear lights when cycling at night
How Serious Are Bicycle Collisions in Tacoma?
The League of American Bicyclists hails Washington as one of the most cyclist-friendly states in America, and the annual accident figures reflect their sentiments. Tacoma is under an updated state bicycle plan adopted later than 2005, complete with a Share the Road Campaign.
The local government spends more than 2% of its federal funding on cyclist and pedestrian welfare to minimize accidents, but they still happen monthly. Most bicycle collisions in Tacoma result in spinal cord injuries, broken bones, traumatic brain injuries, and damage to internal organs. Every Tacoma bicycle accident lawyer can attest to serving clients who acquire long-term depression and personality changes from a seemingly minor accident.
As the most trusted Tacoma bike accident law firm, our attorneys at Brain Injury Law of Seattle will diligently advocate for your welfare following your accident.
We Are Local
Why Choose Us?
At Brain Injury Law of Seattle, every Tacoma bicycle accident lawyer has years of experience defending cyclists from negligent drivers and exploitative organizations. We stop them from losing money due to property damage, going to jail, and losing their life savings to accidents they did not cause.
Finding a Bicycle Attorney in Tacoma
A skilled Tacoma bicycle accident lawyer is only a phone call away. Contact Brain Injury Law of Seattle at (425) 307-6001 for a free consultation.
Other Areas of Practice in Tacoma
Tacoma Personal Injury Lawyer | Tacoma Brain Injury Lawyer | Tacoma Bicycle Accident Lawyer | Tacoma Truck Accident Lawyer | Tacoma Motorcycle Accident Lawyer | Tacoma Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Tacoma Catastrophic Injury Lawyers | Tacoma Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer | Tacoma Bus Accident Lawyer | Tacoma Premises Liability Lawyer | Tacoma Product Liability Lawyer | Tacoma Wrongful Death Lawyer | Tacoma Car Accidents Lawyer | Tacoma Maritime Injury Lawyer