Seattle Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
A severe accident can change your whole life in a heartbeat. While it is impossible to put a price tag on that kind of suffering, the right catastrophic injury lawyer can help you get back on your feet.
The weeks and months following a severe accident can be one of the most confusing and scary times of your life. Most people don’t know what steps to take after a crash.
What is a Catastrophic Injury?
A catastrophic injury is any injury that prevents the victim from attaining gainful employment. This type of injury usually results in a permanent disability or disfigurement.
Unfortunately, most people who experience a catastrophic injury never fully recover, and they must attempt to learn to live with a daily reminder of the trauma. No matter what caused your injuries, you must call one of our catastrophic injury attorneys today.
Causes of Catastrophic Injuries
While car accidents are indeed a common cause of catastrophic injuries, other causes include:
- Animal attacks (dog bites)
- Industrial accidents
- Motorcycle crashes
- Bicycle accidents
- Firearm accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slips and falls
- Truck accidents
No matter what type of accident occurred in your life, it is essential to have a knowledgeable catastrophic injury attorney in your corner.
We Are Local
What Injuries Are Considered Catastrophic?
Thousands of catastrophic injuries occur in Seattle every year and may include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): brain damage, including cognitive impairment, memory loss, and difficulty concentrating
- Spinal cord injury: partial to complete paralysis, loss of sensation, or loss of motor skills
- Neck injury: debilitating pain, nerve damage, broken bones, whiplash
- Serious injuries: amputated limb, broken bones, trauma
- Post-traumatic stress disorder: a mental health condition caused by a traumatic event
- Permanent disfigurement
- Severe burns
What to Do After a Catastrophic Injury
If you experience a severe injury, do the following right away:
- Gather and record the information of all parties involved
- Report the incident to the police and call for emergency responders
- Use your phone and take pictures and videos of your injuries, property damages, and other evidence
- Seek medical attention
- Speak to witnesses and get their statements
- Obtain the police report
- Know how to protect your rights by calling an experienced catastrophic injury law firm
Recovering Full Compensation for Catastrophic Injury Claims
The aftermath of a catastrophic injury can be overwhelming. While you may qualify for a large sum of money, you will need to jump through many hoops to get there. Along with tending to your injuries, you have to deal with the insurance company, which is a complicated process by design.
The catastrophic injury attorneys at Brain Injury Law of Seattle know their way around the system. You aren’t alone anymore—call today for a free consultation.
Catastrophic Injury Compensation
As a victim of a severe accident resulting in a catastrophic injury, it is your right to receive full compensation for your injuries. An experienced catastrophic injury lawyer can help you receive as much as possible to cover your expenses, including:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost wages and earning capacity
- Wrongful death
- Pain and suffering
- In-home nursing care
- Mental anguish
- Quality of life
- Modifications to your home or vehicle due to disability
You could be qualified for a larger settlement than you might think. Call for a free consultation today.
Reasons Why Hire a Catastrophic Injury Attorney
The soon you contact one of the catastrophic injury attorneys at Brain Injury Law of Seattle, the stronger your case will become. Please don’t sign anything before you speak to someone who doesn’t work for the insurance company. Unfortunately, it is possible to mess up your case in the days immediately following the accident.
Don’t risk your bottom line; call one of our experienced professionals instead, and we can get you started right away. We will help you:
- Gather evidence
- Speak to experts
- Obtain pertinent reports, including medical records
- File appropriate paperwork
- Fight for your rights in court if necessary
Get Help with Our Catastrophic Injury Law Firm Today
Don’t let someone else’s negligence affect your life any more than it already has. You don’t have to face all of this alone for another second—we will have your back. Call a catastrophic injury attorney at Brain Injury Law of Seattle for a free consultation, and we will get you started right away.
Other Areas of Practice in Seattle
Seattle Personal Injury Lawyer | Seattle Brain Injury Lawyer | Seattle Bicycle Accident Lawyer | Seattle Slip and Fall Lawyer | Seattle Truck Accident Lawyer | Seattle Motorcycle Accident Lawyer | Seattle Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Seattle Catastrophic Injury Lawyers | Seattle Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer | Seattle Bus Accident Lawyer | Seattle Premises Liability Lawyer | Seattle Product Liability Lawyer | Seattle Wrongful Death Lawyer | Seattle Car Accidents Lawyer | Seattle Maritime Injury Lawyer