Slip And Fall Attorneys In Edmonds
Many people don’t understand the extent of damage a slip and fall injury can have. Often, slip and fall injuries are embarrassing occurrences and the victim of such an injury just wishes to receive as little attention as possible after the mishap.
As personal injury attorneys who specialize in slip and fall accident cases, we understand the impact a slip and fall accident can have on a person’s health and the lasting consequences of such an injury. Because of this, we here at Brain Injury Law Of Seattle would recommend that if you have been involved in a slip and fall accident you seek out legal and medical attention immediately.
If your injury was sustained because of the negligence of an individual or company, then it is your right to seek monetary compensation from them for your physical damages. A property or company owner is guilty of negligent behavior when they are aware of a potential safety hazard on their premises and they fail to properly address or fix the issue. If you are injured because a property owner failed to adequately clean up a spill, repair a damaged stairwell, or improperly stored products, these are grounds for legal action against the proprietor.
Here at Brain Injury Law Of Seattle, we have been serving and defending victims in Edmonds and the surrounding areas for the past two decades. It is our desire for victims of personal injuries to receive just compensation and the utmost medical care for their slip and fall injury.
Common Slip And Fall Injuries
Slip and fall accidents can result in a plethora of different injuries ranging in severity from minor bruising to major injuries like fractured bones or brain injuries.
Here are some common slip and fall injuries that we have seen working with countless personal injury victims.
- Broken or fractured bones. In an attempt to break their fall, most people will extend their hands in order to catch themselves. This frequently results in broken or fractured wrists, elbows, hands, or arms. For elderly folks, slip and fall accidents can result in a broken or fractured hip as well.
- Back or spinal cord injuries. A slip and fall personal injury can result in slipped or herniated disks as well as sprained vertebrae. These back and spinal cord injuries are extremely painful and can permanently affect your well-being. These injuries can cause temporary or permanent paralysis and need extensive medical attention to correct.
- Traumatic brain injury. Traumatic brain injuries or TBIs occur when there is a violent strike to the head, causing the brain to collide with the skull. TBIs result in damaged or torn brain tissue as well as torn nerves within the brain. If you have struck your head during a slip and fall accident, then there is a chance that you have received a traumatic brain injury. TBIs are extremely dangerous injuries that can often mask their symptoms, appearing less severe than they are. In some cases, traumatic brain injuries may not show signs of being present until days or even weeks after an accident. This is why it is so crucial to seek out medical attention immediately following a slip and fall accident. Brain injuries can be fatal, so don’t disregard your injuries.
What To Do After You Have A Slip And Fall Accident
There are a number of steps you should take following a slip and fall accident in Edmonds. Making sure to follow these steps will help you to form a strong case meaning that you are more likely to receive just compensation for your personal injuries.
- Do not for any reason admit fault. Don’t apologize for the accident or use language that would imply that the accident was in any way your fault. Admitting fault can only serve to weaken your case and might give the property manager an opportunity to blame you for the accident.
- Write down contact information. If there were any witnesses to your slip and fall accident, make sure that you get their names and contact information in case you need to call on them as witnesses.
- Take photos. Don’t underestimate the power of photo evidence. Take pictures of anything that contributed to your slip and fall accident as well as the surrounding area.
- Get medical attention. This is critical for forming a strong personal injury case. If you delay in seeking medical attention for your slip and fall injuries this will give the property manager grounds for accusing you of faking your injuries for monetary gain.
- Prior to speaking with any insurance adjusters, you should make sure to speak with a licensed slip and fall attorney. Insurance adjuster only have their own best interest in mind and will attempt to get you to settle for a low payout.
Expert Slip And Fall Attorneys In Edmonds
Here at Brain Injury Law Of Seattle, we have been helping victims in the Edmonds area overcome personal injuries and rebuild their lives for more than two decades. As a victim of a slip and fall injury, we want to be the ones to help you build an effective case so that you can receive full compensation for your damages.
Contact Brain Injury Law Of Seattle today for a free consultation and to receive legal help for your slip and fall case.
M.W., kent, wa
“M.W. was riding his bicycle in a bike lane in Kent. He was a 24 year old elite cyclist in excellent shape. A driver of a truck in the lane next to him suddenly turned right and nicked M.W., making him fall off his bike. He was wearing his helmet. However, when he fell to the ground, his head struck the pavement along with his left shoulder. ”
Call or email us for a free consultation, and find out how we can help you get your life back following a brain injury. We are here to help, answer questions, and educate you about what you have to look forward to. We have the medical and legal knowledge to tell you what you are facing and how you can be helped. We pledge to always tell you like it is so you can make informed decisions about your brain injury and how best to help yourself. This is what we do.