Slip and Fall Lawyer in Bellingham, WA
Have you had a personal Injury in a slip and fall accident that happened on someone else’s property or in a business? Was it your fault? If it wasn’t your fault, then you probably have a cause to sue for damages and get compensated for your injuries.
How do you determine fault in a slip and fault accident?
The quickest way to know if the property owner is liable is to see if your fall was caused by unsafe environmental factors which the property owner should have fixed. For example, was there water on the floor that caused you to slip? Or were the stairs broken, causing you to trip?
If the fall was not your fault, then you shouldn’t have to pay for your recovery.
By working with an expert slip and fall attorney you can greatly improve your chance of receiving financial compensation for your injuries. A slip and fall lawyer will help you sort through the evidence and witnesses in order to build you a solid case for damages, because as you will see in the next section, slip and fall injuries deserve the best medical treatment you can find.
Common Slip And Fall Injuries
Most people don’t consider slips and falls to be dangerous, but the reality is that even a small fall can cause life-altering injuries, with the elderly being especially at risk of severe injury.
Three frequent slip and fall injuries are:
- Traumatic brain injury. Traumatic brain injury (TBI) occurs when the brain is smashed against the skull — tearing nerves and rupturing blood vessels. What makes TBIs especially deadly is that symptoms sometimes wait several weeks before appearing, and by then extensive brain damage has already been done. TBIs are common among people who strike their head while falling, so don’t move on from your accident until a doctor has done the proper tests to ensure you don’t have a TBI.
- Back and spine injuries. Falling on your back or tailbone can inflict you with sprained or fractured vertebrae, slipped or herniated disks, and temporary or long-term paralysis. Spinal injuries have the potential to alter your life forever, so pursuing financial compensation for your accident can greatly improve the quality of medical care you are able to receive.
- Broken or fractured bones. Understandably, breaks, sprains, and fractures make up the most common slip and fall injuries — as most people try to stop their fall by throwing out arms or flailing their legs.
If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall that wasn’t your fault, then you deserve the best possible medical help and physical therapy so that you can recover quickly and move on with your life. By working with a skilled slip and fall attorney in Bellingham you can make sure you receive the financial support you need to make a speedy recovery.
We Are Local
What To Do After A Slip And Fall
Take these steps to ensure that your slip and fall attorney is able to build you a solid case for compensation.
- Don’t admit fault. This includes saying things like: “Oh dear, it’s my fault, I didn’t see the hole in the floor” or “It’s okay, I’m just so clumsy.” Comments like these could be used by the property owner or insurance adjusters to throw liability on you.
- Get contact information. Were there witnesses to your fall? Save their phone numbers and names, as well as the numbers of the business managers or property owner.
- Take pictures. What caused your fall? Was there water, damaged floor, or a broom across the path? Take pictures of everything, including the scene of the accident, what clothes you were wearing, and what your injuries looked like.
- Save your clothes. Put the clothes and shoes you were wearing in a box and set these aside as evidence. Your slip and fall attorney may be able to use them in your case.
- Get cleared by a doctor. Never assume you’re okay just because you don’t feel any pain. Some injuries, including deadly TBIs, may not show symptoms until weeks after your injury.
- Speak with a Bellingham slip and fall attorney before speaking with insurance adjusters. Adjusters will do their best to show that you were liable for your fall, so have an attorney counsel you on what information is safe for you to share.
Slip And Fall Lawyers In Bellingham
If you suffered injuries as the result of a slip and fall that was not your fault, then you deserve to be compensated for you pain and suffering.
Here at Brain Injury Law of Seattle, our slip and fall lawyers have over two decades of experience representing the citizens of Bellingham. Contact us today to hear how we can fight for you and help you get your life back on track after your accident.
Get Help Today
At Brain Injury Law Of Seattle, we bring all our resources to bear on your case. We will work with the best accident reconstruction experts in the region to prove the culpability of the motorist, and bring on medical experts to verify and support your claim for medical damages. No witness will be left on the sidelines and each piece of evidence will be used to bolster your case.
We understand that you may feel lost, but don’t give up. We are here at Brain Injury Law Of Seattle are here to serve you and bring you to the future you deserve.
Other Areas of Practice in Bellingham
Bellingham Personal Injury Lawyer | Bellingham Brain Injury Lawyer | Bellingham Bicycle Accident Lawyer | Bellingham Slip and Fall Lawyer | Bellingham Truck Accident Lawyer | Bellingham Motorcycle Accident Lawyer | Bellingham Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Bellingham Catastrophic Injury Lawyers | Bellingham Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer | Bellingham Bus Accident Lawyer | Bellingham Premises Liability Lawyer | Bellingham Product Liability Lawyer | Bellingham Wrongful Death Lawyer | Bellingham Car Accidents Lawyer | Bellingham Maritime Injury Lawyer
M.W., kent, wa
“M.W. was riding his bicycle in a bike lane in Kent. He was a 24 year old elite cyclist in excellent shape. A driver of a truck in the lane next to him suddenly turned right and nicked M.W., making him fall off his bike. He was wearing his helmet. However, when he fell to the ground, his head struck the pavement along with his left shoulder. “
Call or email us for a free consultation, and find out how we can help you get your life back following a brain injury. We are here to help, answer questions, and educate you about what you have to look forward to. We have the medical and legal knowledge to tell you what you are facing and how you can be helped. We pledge to always tell you like it is so you can make informed decisions about your brain injury and how best to help yourself. This is what we do.