What are the best ways for how to find a good personal injury lawyer if you’ve recently been involved in an accident?
Having a reliable personal injury attorney by your side as you navigate the legal system following an accident is invaluable. Never underestimate the part that your personal injury firm is playing to ensure that you get sufficient compensation for your injuries and emotional trauma.
If you would like to know how to find the best personal injury lawyers for your case, continue reading or get in touch with Brain Injury Law of Seattle to speak with our attorney for personal injury today.
FINDING A PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER
Have you been injured? After getting medical help, the next most important thing you can do to secure your future is partner with a serious injury attorney. This can be an intimidating thing to do if you’ve never worked with a law firm before.
To take the edge off, here are some tips to help you find the top personal injury lawyer in your area:
- Ask friends and family if they’ve worked with a personal injury attorney that they’d recommend.
- If your friends or family have no advice for you, do a Google search for personal injury attorneys in your area.
- Find a personal injury attorney with good client reviews and experience.
- Schedule a consultation with the attorney to see if they’d make a good fit for your needs. Notice things like communication style, professionalism, and attention to detail during this meeting.
- Discuss case timeline and outcome with the attorney.
- If you’re satisfied on all counts, then congratulations, you’ve found the right personal injury attorney for your case.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
What are the benefits of working with a personal injury attorney? Won’t a general attorney do just as well?
Some of the benefits associated with hiring a specialized attorney include:
- You have an attorney with experience in personal injury law.
- Your attorney will know to factor in all of the present and future expenses of your injury into the settlement request.
- You are more likely to get a satisfactory settlement if you work with an experienced attorney.
- Your attorney will understand the most effective methods for negotiating a fair settlement.
- You are more likely to see a timely resolution to your case than if you don’t hire an attorney.
- An experienced attorney will know how to avoid certain legal pitfalls that could be detrimental to your case.
SIGNS OF RELIABLE PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
What are some characteristics that you should look for in a personal injury lawyer?
Some qualities that every personal injury attorney should have include:
- Good at communication, both in-person and via phone or email.
- Good at listening and asking questions of his/her clients.
- Honest about all fees and charges associated with their legal services.
- Doesn’t make snap judgment calls about your case but instead provides informed opinions and encouragement.
- Has a track record of satisfied clients to back up their reputation.
SIGNS OF A BAD PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER
Here are things to look out for when you’re choosing a personal injury attorney to work with.
A bad personal injury attorney will:
- Not be upfront with you about legal charges.
- Will pressure you to make decisions about your case that you’re not comfortable with (they may push you to settle before you’re ready just to save time).
- They won’t be upfront with you about all of your legal options but instead will only inform you about the options that they deem worthy of mentioning.
- They might lack testimonials, success stories, or satisfied clients.
At the end of the day, you should trust your intuition. Avoid an attorney that makes you feel uncomfortable and instead choose someone you feel good about and who you can trust.
The personal injury attorney that you hire will have a direct impact on the length, success, and stress that accompany your case.
PARTNER WITH A NATION-LEADING PERSONAL INJURY LAW FIRM
If you are ready to get the legal assistance that you deserve and require, get in touch with Brain Injury Law of Seattle today.
Here at Brain Injury Law of Seattle, our legal team has been working with victims of personal injuries collectively for decades.
We understand the ins and outs of personal injury law and our team wants to use our expertise to help victims of personal injuries to receive fair settlements following an accident.
To schedule your first consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney, get in touch with Brain Injury Law of Seattle today.