Everett Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Motorcycling is a popular form of transportation and recreation among Everett residents. As enjoyable as it is though, motorcycle accidents are unfortunately common and have an alarming amount of fatalities and serious injuries (80% of crashes result in very serious injury or death).
These statistics are a cause for worry, and if you’re a motorcyclist who has been involved in a collision, it can be difficult to know exactly where to go for legal and financial help. It might seem easy to accept the first settlement that comes from the other party’s insurance agency, but these are often designed to short-change you in the end — not taking into account the extent of surgeries, physical therapy, chiropractic work, and property damages you may be dealing with.
You need a seasoned motorcycle accident attorney to work with you through the legal process of pursuing compensation for your damages. A personal injury attorney will represent you in court and make sure that you aren’t being low-balled by the insurance company.
If you’ve been in an accident, having an attorney by your side is crucial to seeing your case succeed and receiving compensation for your injuries.
Common Causes Of Motorcycle Accidents In Everett
The following are some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents in Everett:
- Weather-related accident. Many motorcycle accidents that occur in Everett are due to bad weather conditions. Washington is known for its rainy climate, fog, and overcast skies, and these make for poor driving conditions.
- Vehicle turned in front of motorcycle. According to The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 23% of all motorcycle accidents happen because another vehicle turns into the path of the motorcyclist (usually at an intersection or some other traffic stop).
- Hit an object on the road. Some motorcycle accidents in Everett are the result of a biker hitting a fixed object on the road (constructions equipment, debris, or some object that has fallen from an unsecured truck load). A reliable motorcycle accident attorney will find out who was responsible for the object in the roadway and see that they are held responsible for the accident.
- Vehicle rear-ended motorcycle. Another common cause of motorcycle accidents is when a vehicle strikes the motorcyclist from behind. This is the cause of about 7% of motorcycle accidents and usually occurs because the vehicle driver was distracted and didn’t see the motorcyclist stop.
- Forced off the road. Unfortunately, since motorcyclists are the smallest vehicles on the road, it’s easy for them to slip into the blind spots of larger vehicles. This can result in accidents where the motorcyclist gets forced off the road due to careless, distracted, or drunk drivers.
We Are Local
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Now let’s go over some of the most common injuries a motorcyclist might suffer from in an accident:
- Burns. Gasoline may be spilled during an accident, increasing the chance of a fire. If a fire starts, a motorcyclist might receive severe burns which could necessitate expensive treatment and even skin grafting.
- Degloved limbs. Degloving is a brutal and extremely painful injury that occurs when the skin on the hand or foot is completely removed. This sort of injury requires expensive treatment and is both painful and slow in healing.
- Biker’s arm. When a motorcyclist is thrown from their bike during a collision, oftentimes it is the upper arm that receives the majority of the impact of the fall. Sustaining such a forceful blow to the arm could result in paralysis in that arm or nerve damage. This condition is known as “Biker’s arm” and could require extensive physical therapy to recover from.
- Broken bones. Broken bones are one of the most common injuries sustained by motorcyclists and can take months to fully recover from. Fractured legs, elbows, and shoulders are among the most common bone injuries motorcyclists receive from an accident.
- Traumatic brain injury. TBI’s are by far the most serious injury a motorcyclist can sustain and can have long-lasting consequences. Statistics show that bikers are 37% less likely to be killed in a collision if they are wearing a helmet, so please take this into consideration when taking your motorcycle out on the road.
- Road rash. Road rash is an injury bikers sustain when they are thrown and slide across the pavement. If they are not wearing proper protective gear, the hard road can cause serious burns or gashes to the skin.
Get Help For Your Injuries Today
Sustaining a motorcycle accident injury can lead you on a long legal path as you struggle to recover physically and receive compensation for your injuries. Oftentimes victims of motorcycle injuries might feel completely overwhelmed by the difficult legal road that’s laid before them after an accident.
There is no reason why you need to take on this stress alone – at Brain Injury Law of Seattle we’re ready to stand by you through this difficult time. We promise to fight for you and work towards the physical recovery and financial compensation you need.
If you are a motorcyclist in Everett who has been involved in a collision, contact our expert team of personal injury attorneys today.
Other Areas of Practice in Everett
Everett Personal Injury Lawyer | Everett Brain Injury Lawyer | Everett Bicycle Accident Lawyer | Everett Slip and Fall Lawyer | Everett Truck Accident Lawyer | Everett Motorcycle Accident Lawyer | Everett Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Everett Catastrophic Injury Lawyers | Everett Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer | Everett Bus Accident Lawyer | Everett Premises Liability Lawyer | Everett Product Liability Lawyer | Everett Wrongful Death Lawyer | Everett Car Accidents Lawyer | Everett Maritime Injury Lawyer
M.W., kent, wa
"M.W. was riding his bicycle in a bike lane in Kent. He was a 24 year old elite cyclist in excellent shape. A driver of a truck in the lane next to him suddenly turned right and nicked M.W., making him fall off his bike. He was wearing his helmet. However, when he fell to the ground, his head struck the pavement along with his left shoulder. "
Call or email us for a free consultation, and find out how we can help you get your life back following a brain injury. We are here to help, answer questions, and educate you about what you have to look forward to. We have the medical and legal knowledge to tell you what you are facing and how you can be helped. We pledge to always tell you like it is so you can make informed decisions about your brain injury and how best to help yourself. This is what we do.