Slip And Fall Attorneys In Everett
Have you experienced a slip and fall that happened because of someone else’s negligence? If you were personally injured in the fall, then you deserve financial compensation and you should contact an Everett slip and fall lawyer right away.
An expert slip and fall attorney (also called a premises liability attorney) will help you prove that your fall happened as the result of someone else’s negligence.
What is negligence?
A business or property owner is negligent if they were aware (or should have been aware) of a safety problem and didn’t fix it. If they demonstrated negligence by failing to provide you with a safe environment to visit, then you should be able to build a strong case for damages and take them to court.
Frequent Slip And Fall Injuries
It can be easy to write-off a slip and fall as just an embarrassing accident, but as you will see here, falling has the potential to cause severe injuries — especially for the older generation.
Some of the most frequent slip and fall injuries are:
- Broken and fractured bones. Since human instinct is to soften your fall by throwing out your hands or flailing legs, it is understandable that breaks, fractures, and sprains are the most common slip and fall injuries. These kinds of injuries can take months of medical treatment and physical therapy to recover from.
- Back and spine injury. Slipping and falling on your tailbone or spine can result in slipped or herniated disks, fractured vertebrae, and in terrible situations, short-to-long-term paralysis. Back injuries can impact the quality of your life forever, so don’t take any chances when recovering. You deserve the best medical treatment you can get.
- Traumatic brain injury. Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is a potentially fatal injury that happens when some force causes the brain to violently strike the skull. This collision results in torn nerves, ruptured blood vessels, and can cause extensive brain damage if not dealt with immediately. Unfortunately, TBI symptoms may take weeks to appear, and so many people move on from a slip and fall accident assuming they are okay, when in reality, a TBI is silently brewing in their brain. This is why it is crucial that you get cleared by a doctor before moving on from your fall.
If you have been injured in a slip and fall, or have struck your head and back and suspect that an injury may have taken place, then you deserve to get the tests and treatment you need. And you shouldn’t be forced to compromise your health or budget for an accident you didn’t cause.
By working with an expert slip and fall attorney in Everett, you can take the first step towards recovery and receiving the treatment you need.
Take These Steps After A Slip And Fall Accident
A fall can be disorienting and you may be unsure how to proceed once you’ve hit the floor. Follow these steps to make sure your attorney is able to build a powerful case for damages.
- Don’t say anything that sounds like you admitting fault. This includes things like: “It’s okay, I’m just clumsy” or “I didn’t see the broom!” Property owners and insurance adjusters will do their best to demonstrate that the fall was your fault, and comments like these will only help them shift liability to you.
- Write down contact information. This includes the contact info of any witnesses to your fall, the businesses management that was on duty, property owners, and any law enforcement that may have been present.
- Take photos. Did you slip on water? Or a tool? What caused your fall? Take photos of the scene of the accident, as well as what you were wearing and your injuries after the fall.
- Save your clothes. Believe it or not, the clothes and shoes you were wearing at the time of your accident could be valuable evidence for you case. As soon as you get home, put your clothes and shoes in a box and save them for your slip and fall attorney.
- See a doctor. As we said in the injuries section above, a lot of injuries may take days to weeks before symptoms appear. Never move on from an accident unless you’ve been cleared by a doctor first.
- Get an attorney before talking with insurance adjusters. Never speak to an insurance adjuster without being counseled by a slip and fall lawyer on what information is safe for you to give them.
Find A Slip And Fall Lawyer In Everett Today
A slip and fall injury can be a life-altering event, so don’t settle for less medical treatment or financial compensation than you deserve.
Here at Brain Injury Law of Seattle, our experienced slip and fall attorneys have spent over 25 years fighting for the people of Everett. Contact our team today to hear how we can help you achieve the best possible outcome for your case.
Get Help Today
At Brain Injury Law Of Seattle, we bring all our resources to bear on your case. We will work with the best accident reconstruction experts in the region to prove the culpability of the motorist, and bring on medical experts to verify and support your claim for medical damages. No witness will be left on the sidelines and each piece of evidence will be used to bolster your case.
We understand that you may feel lost, but don’t give up. We are here at Brain Injury Law Of Seattle are here to serve you and bring you to the future you deserve.
Other Service Areas in Everett
Everett Bicycle Accident Lawyers | Everett Car Accident Attorneys | Everett Commercial Truck Accident Lawyers | Everett Motorcycle Accident Attorney | Everett Pedestrian Accident Attorney | Slip and Fall Lawyers Everett
M.W., kent, wa
“M.W. was riding his bicycle in a bike lane in Kent. He was a 24 year old elite cyclist in excellent shape. A driver of a truck in the lane next to him suddenly turned right and nicked M.W., making him fall off his bike. He was wearing his helmet. However, when he fell to the ground, his head struck the pavement along with his left shoulder. “
Call or email us for a free consultation, and find out how we can help you get your life back following a brain injury. We are here to help, answer questions, and educate you about what you have to look forward to. We have the medical and legal knowledge to tell you what you are facing and how you can be helped. We pledge to always tell you like it is so you can make informed decisions about your brain injury and how best to help yourself. This is what we do.