Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Tacoma
If you’re looking for a motorcycle accident lawyer in Tacoma who will fight on your behalf, call Brain Injury Law of Seattle. According to data from the Washington Traffic Safety Commission and Target Zero, about 20% of motorcycle accidents in Tacoma result in at least one death. Washington authorities recorded over 1,500 motorcycle crashes in 2021, and some analysts predict it will increase in the future.
Most motorcycle accident victims do not have time to file a complaint while arguing with insurance adjusters. Call a motorcycle injury attorney from our team today, and we will handle everything while you recover.
Common Causes of Tacoma Motorcycle Accidents
As a motorcycle accident law firm in Tacoma, we find that these factors are the most common causes of accidents:
- Road debris can cause problems for drivers of any vehicle, but motorcycle riders do not have the balance that the four wheels of a passenger vehicle can provide.
- Slippery roads cause hundreds of motorcycle accidents during wet seasons.
- Standing water and puddles can affect braking performance.
- Loose gravel and rocks can be hard to spot and are signs of poor roadway maintenance.
Injuries Caused by Motorcycle Accident in Tacoma
Drivers inside cars have airbags and roll cages that shield them from injuries. However, motorcycle riders do not share this level of protection and are more susceptible to various injuries.
- Driving a motorcycle leaves you vulnerable to brain injuries. Riders often get concussions, even if they have a high-quality helmet on.
- Spine injuries like fractures, torn ligaments, and sprains can be life-changing and costly to treat.
- Minor accidents can result in injuries to internal organs, like punctured lungs, hemorrhages, and organ bruising.
- Severe and hairline fractures are commonplace among motorcycle riders, even with knee and elbow pads.
Motorcycle Accident Claim Process
Motorcycle accidents can present a unique challenge for judges and insurance adjusters when sorting out who is at fault. Our motorcycle accident attorneys help clients file claims by proving the negligence of a third party.
Successful claims can pay for:
- The cost of treatment for physical and mental injuries
- Travel expenses to and from medical appointments
- Lost wages and earnings from being unable to show up for work
- The cost of long-term physical therapy and counseling
- Motorcycle accident lawyers will always push for the maximum amount of money afforded by the law.
We Are Local
Motorcycle Accident Compensation
Injuries that come from motorcycle accidents are often fatal or life-changing, and car drivers know this, so they will argue fiercely in court to avoid taking responsibility for their actions. Motorcycles are not as visible as cars, and they offer less stability. Without a competent motorcycle accident lawyer, it will be challenging for riders to file claims, especially in a culture that delegitimizes motorcycles as a viable form of transportation.
If you don’t have insurance, the ambulance ride alone from the site of the accident to the hospital can bankrupt you. In addition, repairing spinal tissue, undergoing brain scans, and weeks-long hospital confinement can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.
A motorcycle accident attorney will ensure you recover lost earnings, ongoing care needs, and the cost of rehabilitation while you focus on recovery. We will also pursue compensation for the mental trauma an accident might cause you.
Safety Tips for Driving a Motorcycle
Driving a motorcycle is similar to piloting a plane; one crash is likely to kill you. Here are a few tips that will keep you safe on the road:
- Take a safety course every three to five years to refresh your memory and upgrade your skills.
- Check weather reports before heading out, and avoid riding in snowy or rainy conditions.
- Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Use your hazard lights, horn, turn signals, and headlights to communicate with other drivers.
Who Works with Our Motorcycle Accident Law Firm?
Brain Injury Law of Seattle practices Personal Injury Law. Our clientele ranges from people who have had slips and falls due to faulty equipment at work to maritime injuries and wrongful deaths.
Motorcyclists are often at the court's mercy as they are open to more damage than any other type of driver on the road. Our motorcycle accident attorneys are passionate about defending them against responsible third parties who love describing riders as selfish risk-takers and careless drivers.
Contact an Experienced Motorcycle Injury Attorney in Tacoma Today
Every motorcycle accident lawyer at Brain Injury Law of Seattle has years of experience defending motorcycle riders from negligent drivers. Our motorcycle accident lawyers fight to prevent them from going to jail, losing money, and paying for injuries they did not cause. Call us at 425-307-6001 for a free consultation.
Other Areas of Practice in Tacoma
Tacoma Personal Injury Lawyer | Tacoma Brain Injury Lawyer | Tacoma Bicycle Accident Lawyer | Tacoma Truck Accident Lawyer | Tacoma Motorcycle Accident Lawyer | Tacoma Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Tacoma Catastrophic Injury Lawyers | Tacoma Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer | Tacoma Bus Accident Lawyer | Tacoma Premises Liability Lawyer | Tacoma Product Liability Lawyer | Tacoma Wrongful Death Lawyer | Tacoma Car Accidents Lawyer | Tacoma Maritime Injury Lawyer
M.W., kent, wa
"M.W. was riding his bicycle in a bike lane in Kent. He was a 24 year old elite cyclist in excellent shape. A driver of a truck in the lane next to him suddenly turned right and nicked M.W., making him fall off his bike. He was wearing his helmet. However, when he fell to the ground, his head struck the pavement along with his left shoulder. "
Call or email us for a free consultation, and find out how we can help you get your life back following a brain injury. We are here to help, answer questions, and educate you about what you have to look forward to. We have the medical and legal knowledge to tell you what you are facing and how you can be helped. We pledge to always tell you like it is so you can make informed decisions about your brain injury and how best to help yourself. This is what we do.