Tacoma Brain Injury Lawyers
Have you or a loved one suffered a traumatic brain injury due to another’s negligence? Brain injuries significantly impact your life physically, mentally, and financially.
The Tacoma brain injury lawyers at Brain Injury Law of Seattle have decades of experience assisting clients with traumatic brain injury cases. We have the skills and legal knowledge to represent your case and help you seek financial compensation. If you need a brain injury lawyer in Tacoma, call Brain Injury Law of Seattle.
Brain Injury Lawyers in Tacoma
Head and brain injuries commonly occur during accidents, such as car crashes or falls. The brain is a complex organ. It can be difficult for a lawyer to pursue traumatic brain injury cases if they are unfamiliar with the condition and prognosis.
Our team of brain injury lawyers understands the legal and medical complexities of brain injuries. We are one of the few dedicated brain injury law firms in the state. We use our experience and knowledge to help you seek damages.
We Are Local
Common Types of Brain Injuries
Brain Injury Law of Seattle has experience pursuing cases related to several types of brain injuries, including:
- TBI/Concussion. Traumatic brain injuries and concussions result from a sudden impact on the head. Concussions are a mild form of TBI but can still pose a significant risk.
- Hematoma. A hematoma occurs when blood pools in the head, often caused by ruptured blood vessels in the brain.
- Hemorrhage. A hemorrhage occurs when an artery bursts and causes bleeding between the brain and skull.
- Edema. Edema refers to fluid collecting in the body’s tissues and cavities. Strokes, hemorrhages, TBIs, and tumors can cause swelling in the brain and other symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, or disorientation.
- Skull Fracture. Forceful impacts to the head can cause skull fractures. Skull fractures can, in turn, lead to brain issues such as edema, stroke, or hematoma.
- Diffuse Axonal Injury. A diffuse axonal injury happens when the brain’s connective nerves and fibers (axons) tear due to brain movement during an impact.
- Anoxic Brain Injury. This injury results from a lack of oxygen to the brain. It can cause the death of brain cells in oxygen-deprived areas.
Symptoms of Traumatic Brain Injury
Traumatic brain injuries can cause a wide range of symptoms, including physical, sensory, and cognitive impairments. Commons signs of a TBI include:
- Coordination problems
- Loss of balance
- Blurred vision
- Light sensitivity
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
- Memory problems
- Mood changes
- Difficulty sleeping
- Acute depression/anxiety
- Loss of consciousness
If you experience any of these symptoms, you should see a doctor immediately. Traumatic brain injuries can be mild but often cause significant medical complications. Insurance companies may require an official diagnosis in order for courts to award you damages, so save any medical documentation of your condition for your TBI lawyer.
Common Causes of Traumatic Brain Injury
Several things can cause a brain injury, such as:
- Car accident
- Boat accident
- Slipping and falling
- Sports injury
- Workplace accident
- Physical violence
- Oxygen deprivation
- Medical malpractice
The legal strategy we pursue will differ depending on the kind of brain injury you have and what caused it. A TBI attorney from Brain Injury Law of Seattle can help sift through the details to build the strongest possible case.
How a Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer Can Help You Recover Damage
Like other kinds of civil injury cases, the court assigns brain injury damages by determining negligence. The prosecution must prove that the defendant acted negligently and that their negligent act caused the brain injury in question.
A traumatic brain injury lawyer can assist your case in several ways, including:
- Organizing medical documentation
- Investigating the accident scene
- Acquiring eyewitness testimony
- Negotiating with insurance companies
- Petitioning for damages
- Representing your case in court
The extent of damages you are entitled to depend on the scope of your injury and whether you were partially responsible for the accident. Washington follows comparative negligence laws, meaning that the court will reduce damages based on the proportion of responsibility you share.
Brain Injury Law of Seattle – Representing the Injured in Tacoma Area
Brain injury cases require significant legal legwork and documentation. Our team of Tacoma brain injury lawyers at Brain Injury Law of Seattle has over 25 years of experience representing brain injury patients in court.
Don’t wait to seek compensation for your traumatic brain injury. Call us at 425-307-6001 today to schedule a free case consultation.
M.W., kent, wa
“M.W. was riding his bicycle in a bike lane in Kent. He was a 24 year old elite cyclist in excellent shape. A driver of a truck in the lane next to him suddenly turned right and nicked M.W., making him fall off his bike. He was wearing his helmet. However, when he fell to the ground, his head struck the pavement along with his left shoulder. “
Call or email us for a free consultation, and find out how we can help you get your life back following a brain injury. We are here to help, answer questions, and educate you about what you have to look forward to. We have the medical and legal knowledge to tell you what you are facing and how you can be helped. We pledge to always tell you like it is so you can make informed decisions about your brain injury and how best to help yourself. This is what we do.